Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Pa...@kohls.com on 2006/06/22 21:44:35 UTC

Application server at JDK 1.3.1 and Remote Cache Server at JDK 1.4.2...which versions of JCS to use

When our consultant set JCS up for us he use the jcs-1.2.7.3 jar on both
the application server and remote cache server.  So far, this does not seem
to be a problem.  However, when on the JCS site I noticed a jar with the
name jcs-jdk14-ext-1.2.6.6.jar.  Should we be using this last jar file on
our remote cache server or is it OK to have them both using jcs-1.2.7.3.jar
which up until this point has worked just fine.  Also, I did run the remote
cache server using IBM JDK 1.3.1 SR8 and did not see any difference as
compared to JDK 1.4.2.  What is your recommendation on this?

Also, how do we know which is your latest production release of the JCS
jar?  I tried using jcs.1.2.7.6 last week and received an Oracle error in
my application logs and so went back to jcs-1.2.7.3.jar.

Thanks.

Paul

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.

Re: Application server at JDK 1.3.1 and Remote Cache Server at JDK 1.4.2...which versions of JCS to use

Posted by Pa...@kohls.com.
Thanks Aaron.

I will have to re-run this configuration using jcs-1.2.7.7.jar next week as
the log with error has rolled off.  As soon as I do I will get back to you.

Paul

             Aaron Smuts
             <asmuts@yahoo.com
                                       JCS Users List
             06/22/2006 03:16          <jc...@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Application server at JDK 1.3.1
             "JCS Users List"          and Remote Cache Server at JDK
             <jcs-users@jakart         1.4.2...which versions of JCS to
               a.apache.org>           use

The jcs-jdk14-ext-1.2.6.6.jar is old.  It has
extensions that are JDK1.4 and up.  There is nothign
useful in there.

There are several fixes in 1.2.7.7.
The latest temp build is jcs-1.2.7.7.jar.

I need to update the site.  The lastest changes file,
not yet on the site, but in svn, is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/jcs/trunk/xdocs/changes.xml?revision=415643&view=markup

When you say that you had an "Oracle error" what do
you mean?  Did you have a problem with the JDBC disk
cache?  I don't understand.

Aaron

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.