Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jiri Cincura <di...@cincura.net> on 2006/09/24 09:40:03 UTC

Repository upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4

Hi,

is the upgrade of repository on server from 1.3 to 1.4 version transparent
as upgrade of working copy performed by client?

Thanks for reply.

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura
http://blog.vyvojar.cz/jirka/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com

Re: Repository upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4

Posted by Jiri Cincura <ji...@cincura.net>.
Sven Brueggemann wrote:
> No. If you want to use the new svndiff format, you'll have to
> dump your repository, recreate it with a 1.4 svnadmin and load
> the dump file.
>
> See http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.4_releasenotes.html#svndiff1

Thanks.

I've now started dump-create-load process on repositories. So I'm expecting
the result. :)

--
Bc. Jiri Cincura
http://www.ID3renamer.com/    | http://www.x2develop.com/

Re: Repository upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4

Posted by Mark <ma...@mitsein.net>.
I did it on a 4.3GB,  832 rev repository and it shrunk to 3.5GB.  Not
too shabby.

On 9/24/06, Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2006, at 3:32 AM, Sven Brueggemann wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Jiri Cincura wrote:
> >> is the upgrade of repository on server from 1.3 to 1.4 version
> >> transparent as upgrade of working copy performed by client?
> >
> > No. If you want to use the new svndiff format, you'll have to
> > dump your repository, recreate it with a 1.4 svnadmin and load
> > the dump file.
> >
> > See http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.4_releasenotes.html#svndiff1
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Sven
>
> I did this on a 840 MByte, 10,000+ revision repository this week and
> it only shrunk 1 Mbyte in size.  So you can use upgrade the software
> and leave the repository alone and minimize any downtime for the
> clients.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>
> --
> Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
> <bl...@orcaware.com>
> Subversion training, consulting and support
> http://www.orcaware.com/svn/

Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will
always be happy."

Re: Repository upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.

Re: Repository upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 9/24/06, Mark <ma...@mitsein.net> wrote:
> Yes, but barring any downtime, that is transparent to the user, no?

Yup.

bye,

Erik.

Re: Repository upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4