Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/29 21:28:43 UTC

convention and actions with annotations

Right now convention will find actions on named
packages("com.my.classes.") or in package that match a package
locator("actions", will match *.actions.*). Shouldn't it also find any
action with an @Action annotation, disregarding the package? (there
would be a flag to turn this off).

musachy

Re: convention and actions with annotations

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
I think most people would say, sure!  But I think we are getting into the too
many options phase again.  I think if you are using Struts2 then its totally
acceptable that it only scans the packages you declare and then only finds
actions that end in Controller.  Maybe not going that far, but it works for
Rails!  This way we get Struts2 apps looking alike and get some of that
"Maven is Maven" effect.