Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Praveen(u-4)" <ma...@manoharfilaments.com> on 2016/08/21 06:00:36 UTC

Problem in editing

Dear,
I am facing the problem when typing in  open office writer without
disturbing the old text, as i go through the edit cell after bilig
cursor when i add any text, its delet the nex text.
for example i wrote "Lygen" and edit it to adding o after Y. So g is
automaticaly delete.
pl understand my problem and reply  earlier.

*With Regards,*
*Md.Saud*
**
Manohar Filaments (P) Ltd.
*A *|Plot No.531-532,HSIIDC Barhi,Sonepat,Haryana \u2013 131101(India)
*T*| +91 130 6531021,6541023   ext.551

Re: Problem in editing

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 11:30:36 +0530
"Praveen(u-4)" <ma...@manoharfilaments.com> wrote:

> Dear,
> I am facing the problem when typing in  open office writer without
> disturbing the old text, as i go through the edit cell after bilig
> cursor when i add any text, its delet the nex text.
> for example i wrote "Lygen" and edit it to adding o after Y. So g is
> automaticaly delete.
> pl understand my problem and reply  earlier.
>

> *With Regards,*
> *Md.Saud*
> **
> Manohar Filaments (P) Ltd.
> *A *|Plot No.531-532,HSIIDC Barhi,Sonepat,Haryana \u2013 131101(India)
> *T*| +91 130 6531021,6541023   ext.551

On the bottom line of your OpenOffice windows (the Status bar), slightly to the right of the centre, you should see OVER or INSRT.  If OVER, click on this and it should turn to INSRT.  Alternately press the Insert key on your keyboard until this indicator says "INSRT"

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>