Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 20:25:42 UTC

Exposing CORBA Services as Web Services - Work-Around

Hi all,

in case anybody else tries the sample from
Exposing CORBA Services as Web Services - Introduction to the Axis2 CORBA Module
http://wso2.org/library/2807

you will run into
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: unknown

Problem is that CorbaUtil.resolveObject() throws a
CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST (which is swallowed by Axis, see AXIS2-3836).
The nameserver lookup code does not work, no idea why.

A work-around to get the sample running is to use IOR based Corba
server adressing. object_to_string the Object in the server, write it
into a file and configure mycorbaserver.xml to use that file
<parameter name="iorFilePath">/my/ior.txt</parameter>

Then the sample works fine.

Cheers,
Juergen

Re: Exposing CORBA Services as Web Services - Work-Around

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.
see here

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-1999/jw-02-enterprise.html?page=2

or the JacORB sample in JacORB/demo/hello

Posted by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Juergen

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi,