Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Juan Alberto Cirez <ac...@hip2linux.com> on 2001/04/14 21:37:15 UTC

Apache+tomcat+Servlets+Postgresql

Hello there.
Does anyone knows where I can find information about integrating
Apache
Tomcat
Postgresql
I know how to integrate Apache+tomcat+mod_jk
What I want is information about adding POstgreSQL to the mix...

Thanks
-------
Alberto

Re: Apache+tomcat+Servlets+Postgresql

Posted by "Ansgar W. Konermann" <an...@inf.tu-dresden.de>.
Juan Alberto Cirez wrote:

> Hello there.
> Does anyone knows where I can find information about integrating
> Apache
> Tomcat
> Postgresql
> I know how to integrate Apache+tomcat+mod_jk
> What I want is information about adding POstgreSQL to the mix...

What do you want do do with PG? Store a user authentication DB for
use with HTTP authentication or use PG as database which you want
to store/retrieve "application data" from in your servlets?

For the latter, simply use JDBC in your servlets (some hints on
JDBC drivers for PG are in the PG docs).

--
Best regards,

Ansgar W. Konermann

RE: Apache+tomcat+Servlets+Postgresql

Posted by Gael Oberson <go...@swissonline.ch>.
As I know, you have to use the provided JDBC driver for PostreSQL in your
Servlets or JSP's, like any other JDBC Driver..., but tomcat or mod_jk
doesn't need any extra config. Just make sure with the classpath. It sould
run.

Normally, this driver can be found on the net.

Good luck!