Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Vikramjit Singh <vi...@gtl.co.in> on 2001/06/04 05:39:06 UTC

new to taglibs

hi everybody,
i am new to taglibraries. i tried running a program of taglibrary in tomcat
but it gives an error saying that file not found.
so if anyone could please help to make my first program run.
thanking in advance

Re: new to taglibs

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
Are you able to get to pages in your app without taglibs?

If so,

Did you set up the tag libraries in the web.xml file?

    <!-- Struts Tag Library Descriptor -->
    <taglib>
      <taglib-uri>myTags</taglib-uri>
      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/myTags.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

Do you reference the taglib at the top of the page?

            <%@ taglib uri="myTags" prefix="mytags" %>

Pete