Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Dave Wannemacher <dw...@microsoft.com> on 2013/09/14 00:31:47 UTC

Moving forward on windows Jira OOZIE-1500

Hi!

A few weeks ago, I attached a patch for OOZIE-1500 which fixes many OS-specific issues that prevent Oozie from running on Windows. It's quite a lengthy patch and fixes various types of problems, including many unit tests. I'm starting to get worried that the longer the patch languishes, the more work it will be keeping the patch up to date relative to trunk.

I'd like to know if there's anything I can help with to make it easier to review. Obviously breaking it up into smaller patches is one option, if the length of the patch is the main issue. If it's simply a matter of other priorities at the current time, then I can keep the patch as is and wait for a review. Another possible reason is that there are no CI tests running on Windows to validate the patches, so we could work on that before pushing through some Windows patches.

Feedback and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

Re: Moving forward on windows Jira OOZIE-1500

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
David,
   Sorry that it is not been reviewed for long. I will spare some time and
review it by Monday.

-Rohini