Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Randy Jenkins <rj...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/19 17:44:48 UTC

Re: Asking opinions about "Learning OpenWhisk" a book from O'Reilly I am writing

Hi Michele,

I am someone who has been following this project closely --- but from a
distance.  If the opinion of a future user of OpenWhisk is helpful, here is
mine.
The TOC looks great.  Looks like all of the basics should be covered in
those sections.

The one thing I would recommend is to provide at least one complete working
sample.  For me, if I can get something up and running quickly and easily I
am more likely to dig in.  I am a developer so learning new things is
common,  a working example, even if very simple goes a long way for me.

If you need feedback from a potential implementer, I would be happy to
provide feedback in any capacity.

Best wishes and luck to you.

Randy Jenkins

Posted by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com>.
Looking for a complete working example?

Here you go! The code of chapter 2, that is already open and free:

https://github.com/learning-openwhisk/chapter2-contact

PS sorry if I am abusing the list, but I think this is free sample code of OpenwWisk useful for everyone.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com