Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au> on 2005/11/18 14:15:52 UTC

start-indent / end-indent calculations for tables

It appears the property subsystem is not calculating the
start-indent/end-indent values correctly for fo:table. I would expect
that a <fo:table border="5pt" border-collapse="separate"> would have
calculated start-/end-indents of 5000 (same as for <fo:block
border="5pt">). However, the values are 0 causing borders on tables to
be positioned incorrectly, e.g protruding into the left margin of the
region-body. See table_table-layout_fixed_1.xml as an example. (which
in turn is another example of a testcase which currently passes
although it probably shouldn't).

Manuel

Re: start-indent / end-indent calculations for tables

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:15 pm, Manuel Mall wrote:
> It appears the property subsystem is not calculating the
> start-indent/end-indent values correctly for fo:table. I would expect
> that a <fo:table border="5pt" border-collapse="separate"> would have
> calculated start-/end-indents of 5000 (same as for <fo:block
> border="5pt">). However, the values are 0 causing borders on tables
> to be positioned incorrectly, e.g protruding into the left margin of
> the region-body. See table_table-layout_fixed_1.xml as an example.
> (which in turn is another example of a testcase which currently
> passes although it probably shouldn't).

Forget about this - my mistake. I was under the misguided impression
that:

<fo:block border="solid 5pt">...</fo:block>

is identical to:

<fo:block border="solid 5pt" margin="0pt">...</fo:block>

Apparently it's not!

> Manuel

Manuel