Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/29 21:03:41 UTC

Let's release a Minor version ?

Hello,
I think we should release a new minor version of JMeter for the following
reasons:

   - There a fixes that need to be released early (InfluxDB,
   Search/Replace,Port field, report...)
   - There is a nasty bug in Caffeine 2.5.0 which may affect CSS parsing
   - There are nice little features:
      - Time shifting
      - Brotli

Depending on answer to my other mail "JMeter version numbering", we can
name it 3.3 (my proposal) or 3.2.1.

--
Regards.
Philippe

Re: Let's release a Minor version ?

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Ok for waiting next week.

Don't hesitate to test JMeter trunk to find bugs ;-)

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Let's release a Minor version ?

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Let's release a Minor version ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Let's release a Minor version ?

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippe,

Posted by Maxime Chassagneux <mc...@apache.org>.
+1 to release more often release

Regards

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Let's release a Minor version ?

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
> Hello,
> I think we should release a new minor version of JMeter for the following
> reasons:
>
>     - There a fixes that need to be released early (InfluxDB,
>     Search/Replace,Port field, report...)
>     - There is a nasty bug in Caffeine 2.5.0 which may affect CSS parsing
>     - There are nice little features:
>        - Time shifting
>        - Brotli
>
> Depending on answer to my other mail "JMeter version numbering", we can
> name it 3.3 (my proposal) or 3.2.1.
+1 to release early and often and especial to a 3.3 :)

Felix