Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/07/30 14:33:48 UTC

timestamp plugins and build reproductibility

Hello,

I went into an issue with the release plugin :

I'm using SNAPSHOT plugins, and to make my build reproductible I fixed the
versions to timestamps. This worked fine until today as I get :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: createArg
        at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:79)

In fact, the timestamp version of the release plugin POM.xml defines
SNAPSHOT dependencies (not timestamp ones), so a recent update in the
release-manager has broken my build.

So, should we
- remove the timestamp support in release / enforcer plugin ?
- improve the snapshot deployment when uniqueVersion=false is set, to ensure
the dependencies also use uniqueVersion=false ? (as this issue makes
uniqueVersion useless)
- another option ?

Nicolas.

Re: timestamp plugins and build reproductibility

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
Yes, I fixed the issue but updating the plugin timestamp to -7.
Thanks.

Nicolas.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.