Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John-Paul Drawneek <jp...@nationaltheatre.org.uk> on 2012/07/19 19:08:52 UTC

solr 4.0 cloud 303 error

Hi.

playing with the new solrcloud:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

tried alpha + nightly build 19/07/2012

admin panel works, but select queries fail with:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Server at http://linux-vckp:8983/solr/collection1 returned non ok status:303, message:See Other at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:376) at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:182) at org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:165) at org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler$1.call(HttpShardHandler.java:132) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

on all combinations of solrcloud from the example in the wiki.

Is this a known issue?

Had a quick look at the tracker/wiki/google but did not find any reference to this.

This email is intended for the addressee(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any person for whom it was not intended.
If you have received this mail in error please contact the sender by return email and delete the email from your system.

The Royal National Theatre
Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PX
www.nationaltheatre.org.uk
Telephone numbers: BOX OFFICE +44 (0) 20 7452 3000, SWITCHBOARD +44 (0) 20 7452 3333
Registered in England as a company limited by guarantee, number 749504.
Registered Charity number 224223

Recipients are advised to apply their own virus checks to this message on delivery.

RE: solr 4.0 cloud 303 error

Posted by John-Paul Drawneek <jp...@nationaltheatre.org.uk>.
Hi.

Sorry for the noise.

Managed to get it working on another PC, so it must be something very local to the PC I am using.

Re: solr 4.0 cloud 303 error

Re: solr 4.0 cloud 303 error

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Okay - I'll do the same in a bit and report back.

On Jul 19, 2012, at 5:23 PM, John-Paul Drawneek wrote:

> This is just out of the box.
>
> All I did was download solr 4 Alpha from the site.
> unpack
> follow instructions from wiki.
>
> admin console worked - great
>
> try to do a search - throws 303 error
>
> Downloaded nightly build, same issue.
>
> Also got errors from the other shard with error connecting due to master throwing 303 errors.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

RE: solr 4.0 cloud 303 error

Re: solr 4.0 cloud 303 error