Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2010/12/28 13:50:04 UTC

jruby

The clerezza launchers depend on the java.net repository because of
com.sun.script.jruby. Dependendencies on external repositories prevent us
from releasing.

- Do we need/want to keep jruby support?
- Is there an alternative to the version available only on dev.java.net?
- could we somehow add the jars to the clerezza.ext.jruby?
- why does the launcher depend on com.sun.script.jruby while
clerezza.ext.jruby doesn't ?

Cheers,
Reto

Re: jruby

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Reto,

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
<re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> The clerezza launchers depend on the java.net repository because of
> com.sun.script.jruby. Dependendencies on external repositories prevent us
> from releasing....

FWIW, Sling implements Ruby scripting [1] using the jruby.org library
which is tri-licensed including CPL.

Redistributing CPL is ok if appropriately labeled [2], as in the
NOTICE file under [1],

(I didn't check if that could be a replacement for what you're using).

-Bertrand

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/scripting/ruby
[2] http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html