Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com> on 2004/05/17 21:58:40 UTC

Anonymous User

Has anyone found a way or implementing the portal in such a way where you do
not have to worry baout the naonymous user? I can put some stuff in the code
to fake an anonymous users, but in actuality I di not even want to fake it.
I defintely do not need it in my database.

I have found a way to get to a full blown Login page minus any portlets, but
changing where my index page points to. However, I still see in the console
where it tries to get an anonymous user.

Any ideas?

RE: Anonymous User

Posted by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com>.
Ok, finally got it. Even when I did override the session validator, it would
still choke on the JetspeedTemplateLocatorService. It was trying to set the
locale based on the current user, which in essence makes sense but for my
login purposes it does not. I created my own
JetspeedTemplateLocatorService which does the same thing except if there is
no user present it just gets the default locale, which is used in that code
to set the user's locale anyway.

thanks

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: Anonymous User

On May 17, 2004, at 12:58 PM, Anthony Smith wrote:

> Has anyone found a way or implementing the portal in such a way where
> you do
> not have to worry baout the naonymous user? I can put some stuff in
> the code
> to fake an anonymous users, but in actuality I di not even want to
> fake it.
> I defintely do not need it in my database.
>
> I have found a way to get to a full blown Login page minus any
> portlets, but
> changing where my index page points to. However, I still see in the
> console
> where it tries to get an anonymous user.

I believe the anonymous user isn't required.
Just make sure you intercept any attempts to hit the portal in your
Access Controller action, and redirect at that point before the
profiler kicks in

Re: Anonymous User

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.