Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/26 20:17:02 UTC

[T5] Tapestry and GWT?

Hi all,

Yesterday at work we were brainstorming a bit about what framework to
use going forward with our web app. We are quite enthusiastic about T5
but GWT (Google Web Toolkit) looks very interesting when it comes to
adding AJAX to the mix. This led us to wonder about using T5 as the
main framework while using GWT here and there where adding AJAX would
make sense.

Does anyone have any experience with mixing Tapestry and GWT?
Thoughts? Opinions?

Cheers,
Hilco

Re: [T5] Tapestry and GWT?

Posted by xVik <2r...@inbox.ru>.
My personal opinion is: its better to play with javascript framework.
gwt is good if you have no time (or not wish to) study javascript.
Other opinion (that i see many times in various places) gwt is not for big
(enterprise)
production..
Writing on pure javascript framework (dojo, mochakit..or any other) takes
you more control on client side
(and i can say its VERY easy now to write javascript, couse all this
frameworks
already have cross-browser compatibility and basic infrastructure services
like events system
visual effects ...)
And finally, writing gwt code requires additional level: java-to-javascript
compling.. i think its redundant complexity.
Tools like firebug makes javascript developmnt and debugging pretty simple

anyway, this is just my opinion