Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Crina Arsenie <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/08 14:47:33 UTC

storm cassandra integration

Hello,

I was planning to integrate Cassandra with a storm project I am working on.
I am using the latest version of storm (stable 0.10). But then, I
researched and the component storm-cassandra from external composites of
storm is available only starting the master branch of github so not with
this version.

Therefore, I tried to search for a storm-cassandra component before and I
found the https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra
<https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra%200.3.1>(latest stable
0.3.1). Then I had problems using this as it does not use the latest
version of storm (but old 0.8.1 one), neither of Cassandra (1.1.2 instead
of current 2.2.3), and the worst part that gave me headache before
understanding the errors I had when integrating this was that it was
compiled under java 1.6!

So my question is if do you think I can find at this current state a proper
way to integrate Cassandra bolts ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Crina

Re: storm cassandra integration

Posted by "Aaron.Dossett" <Aa...@target.com>.
There are no open JIRAs, to my knowledge, so it's probably worth trying. The release process for Storm won't make that component any more stable, except in so much as more people try it out.  If you were to try it out now and report back successes and failures, I know the community would appreciate it!

From: Crina Arsenie <ar...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 9:29 AM
To: "user@storm.apache.org<ma...@storm.apache.org>" <us...@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: storm cassandra integration

Hello,

Thank you both for your answers. I was wondering if you know in around how many time this future release will be available, as I would like to integrate it when it will be stable.

Crina

Hi Crina,

You can fork the external storm-cassandra from master branch. This module should be compatible from storm version 0.9.5 to 0.11.
The actual fluent API is not stable and will be deprecated so you should directly use this following class :

https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/external/storm-cassandra/src/main/java/org/apache/storm/cassandra/bolt/BaseCassandraBolt.java

--
Florian HUSSONNOIS

Re: storm cassandra integration