Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 10:47:53 UTC

[general] Motorola to develop ME under ALv2

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061031/cgtu074.html?.v=46

Now *that's* cool :-)

For those of you that are not ME-enabled, Motorola is a major player in
the ME space.  They are deeply involved in advancing the spec and have a
track record of developing and collaborating 'in the open'.

By declaring their intent to use ALv2 and Apache-style governance we can
all look forward to an open and unrestricted exchange with the good folk
at Motorola.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)

Re: [general] Motorola to develop ME under ALv2

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
01 Nov 2006 16:08:28 +0600, Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>:
> On the 0x214 day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> > AFAIK ME shares a lot of core classes and packages with SE. And we have
> > these packages implemented.
> > And now I'm really interesting if Motorola wants to reuse our code or
> > develop "the better one" ?

At least there'll be no stumbling blocks from legal POV, code can flow
freely. Really cool!

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
Egor Pasko <egor.pasko <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On the 0x214 day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> > AFAIK ME shares a lot of core classes and packages with SE. And we have
> > these packages implemented.
> > And now I'm really interesting if Motorola wants to reuse our code or
> > develop "the better one" ?
>
> we like to say "more free software is not a problem" :)

+1 :)

The more, the merrier.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Re: [general] Motorola to develop ME under ALv2

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic!  It will be very tempting to read the "[JME][J2SE] blah, blah..."
emails on harmony-dev.  But this is actually a good problem to have  :)

--
Weldon Washburn

Re: [general] Motorola to develop ME under ALv2

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.