Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laran Evans <lc...@cornell.edu> on 2004/08/11 19:08:14 UTC

When I use <html:errors /> I get a ClassCastException.  So I used

ActionErrors doesn't accept ActionError objects any longer (deprecated),
just ActionMessage objects.

What's the consensus on the correct way to display <html:errors />
currently?

IA

Re:

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Since ActionError extends ActionMessage then I don't think this is true.
When I converted a current app to Struts 1.2.x I'm sure it all still worked
with ActionError - I have now changed all ActionError to ActionMessage so
that I don't get all the "deprecated" warnings. Can you post your stack
trace with the ClassCastException?

Niall

Re:

Posted by Kishore Senji <ks...@gmail.com>.
You might be getting a ClassCastException, because, you might be using
Struts 1.1, and adding a ActionMessage to ActionErrors and using the
tries to cast your ActionMessage to ActionError, that's where you run
in to ClassCastException. So, instead of <html:errors/> use

errors.add("name", new ActionMessage("user.name.empty.error"));

In jsp use,
   <bean:write name="error" filter="false" />

Kishore Senji.