Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/06/28 16:56:39 UTC

Avalon Downloads

Hello all.

I'm working on the download page of the new site.  A couple of thoughts:

1. What do you think about using the closer.cgi script rather than
   the mirrors.cgi script?  The current mirrors.cgi script takes
   an HTML page (such as download.html) and replaces the links with
   links to the download mirrors.  The closer.cgi script just allows
   for direct links to mirrors, such as this:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/avalon/merlin/binaries/3.3.0/merlin-3.3
.0-install.exe

   While the closer.cgi isn't as fancy, it's a little easier to deal
   with and debug.

2. What's the current status for our content and the java-repository?
   (http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/).  If I remember correctly
   there were some sort of scripts that managed our download repository and
   kept the java-repository in sync.  Can we simplify this?  Can we look at
   just using the asf java-repository?

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS