Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Powers <jp...@configureone.com> on 2005/12/31 19:28:58 UTC

Public List Hits.subList(int, int)

Hello,

What does everyone think about adding a subList(int, int) method to the Hits
class?   In all the lucene implementations I usually end up needing a small
section for pagination of the results.   So I go from X to Y and put them in
a List and return the List of Documents.   Since I seem to always be doing
this in the search methods of my session objects, I thought it may be a
better place to let the Hits class itself take care of that, much like List
does.   I guess we could return a Document[] instead.   I don't know which
would be better: a List or a Document[].   I guess a Document[] makes sense;
I had just always been using a List.   Any thoughts?
-jN