Posted to repository@apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 20:00:22 UTC

Re: repository documentation

On 1/16/06, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 10:28 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> > On 1/12/06, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > who about keeping the mailing list open as a place where committers can
> > > ask questions about the process and so on (since it somewhat fits into
> > > the pseudo plan of splitting out concerns from the overstretch main
> > > infrastructure list)?
> >
> > Sounds good to me. :)  But from the main Wiki page, "ASF Repository"
> > seems to only mean www.apache.org/dist, so once again I may not be in
> > the right place. :/
>
> it's as good a place as any :)
>
> > Is anyone planning to address policies for the internal and snapshot
> > Maven repositories?  It's not clear what's allowed, what's required
> > and what's forbidden.
>
> AIUI that's precisely the sort of question that this group was created
> to answer. it'd be good if someone in the interest group could jump in
> with an answer now. (otherwise, unfortunately it means going through the
> mailing list...)

So who is on the interest group?

How about this:

Internal (I presume this is the one that gets rsynced to ibiblio?)

What's allowed - Apache jar releases.
What's required - Pom's with each release. md5.
What's forbidden - Non-ASF works. Non-released Apache works. Removing a file.

Snapshot (I presume not rsynced to ibiblio):

What's allowed - Unreleased Apache jars.
What's required - Pom's with each jar. md5. SNAPSHOT naming scheme (or dated).
What's forbidden - Non-ASF works. Released Apache works. Removing a file.

---

Personally I think that the repositories should be managed through SVN
- with commit emails going to this list. It's been working for me on a
smaller scale at osjava.org :)

I'd even like to see hooks that auto-md5 it. Asylum would be another
option - but we'd have to write an app.

Hen