Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/05/12 19:29:59 UTC

JavaOne Demo

Hi all,

I would like to commit the three modules that I have put together for
demos of Tuscany/SCA at JavaOne.

The demo is a variation of the BigBank scenario that we've been using in
Tuscany and some of the SCA documents to illustrate the SCA programming
model.

This is a sample banking application that takes your customer id and
first gets information on your checking, savings, and stock account,
gets stock prices from a stockquote service, converts it to a configured
currency using a bunch of calculator components and returns the total
balance of all your accounts.

The application is implemented as a set of SCA composites and components
wired together and running on different JVMs:

- A StockQuote Java component (returning random stock prices) providing
a StockQuote service with a Web Service binding.

- A Calculator composite containing a fancy Calculator assembled with 4
components written in different scripting languages (Ruby, Groovy,
Python and Javascript) implementing the 4 basic operations of a
calculator, providin a Calculator service with an RMI binding.

- An AccountData composite containing an AccountData Java component
returning account information, used as a nested composite with an SCA
default binding in the BigBank composite.

- A BigBank composite, containing an Account Java component wired to the
above components, implementing the logic to retrieve account data, the
stock quote info, perform a currency conversion and sum the balances of
your three accounts. The Account service is provided with both a Web
Service binding and a JSON-RPC binding.

- A simple J2SE client program for the Account service as well as a Web
2.0 client user interface using DOJO and JSON-RPC to call the Account
JSON_RPC service directly from your Web browser.

The demo can run from a command line with the J2SE client, or you can
deploy it to Tomcat and then run it from your Web browser.

I posted a diagram showing the SCA assembly for the demo on our Wiki
there: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/JavaOne+Demo

This demo shows many aspects of SCA:
- Recursive SCA assembly using the SCA specification 1.0 syntax.
- Assembly of Java components and components written in 4 other languages.
- SCA Java annotations.
- Web Service, RMI and JSON-RPC bindings (plus the SCA default binding
used inside the composites).
- SCA components running on different servers in an SCA domain.
- An SCA client programming model to invoke services in the SCA domain.

Where do people think it should go? samples? demo? demo-javaone?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: JavaOne Demo

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastien, first thanks for doing all of this.  +1 for sca/demos/bigbank

- Venkat

Re: JavaOne Demo

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Mike,
I am presenting a session on SCA and Tuscany at the Impact conference
and I would like to show this demo.  Let's talk offline to coordinate
the material that we are presenting in our sessions.

   Simon

Re: JavaOne Demo

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Jean-Sebastien,

Re: JavaOne Demo

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 for sca/demos/bigbank

On 5/12/07, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's a very nice demo. I prefer to have it under sca/demos/bigbank.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende