Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/14 18:14:33 UTC

changing location of site.xml

Hi,

Does anyone know what the deal is with this bug:
<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-91>?  It's marked as resolved,
but in version 2.0.7 I still cannot change the location of site.xml
from the default of "src/site".

Here's my configuration:
         <plugin>
            <configuration>
               <siteDirectory>${basedir}/sitenew</siteDirectory>
             </configuration>
         </plugin>

and when I run File Monitor to see which files/directories maven is
trying to access I get:

9:12:50 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew	SUCCESS	Attributes: D
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\src\site\site.xml	PATH NOT
FOUND	Attributes: Error
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew	SUCCESS	Attributes: D
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\xdoc	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
Error
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\apt	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
Error
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\docbook	NOT
FOUND	Attributes: Error
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\fml	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
Error
9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	OPEN	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\checkstyle.html	NOT
FOUND	Options: Open  Access: 00100080

any thoughts?

Thanks
Dmitry

Re: changing location of site.xml

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Dmitry Beransky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what the deal is with this bug:
> <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-91>?  It's marked as resolved,
> but in version 2.0.7 I still cannot change the location of site.xml
> from the default of "src/site".

This is handled by the site plugin. Plugins have a different release
cycle than Maven core. So whether you are using Maven 2.0.7 or 2.0.9
doesn't really matter. What you need to do is specify the version of the
site plugin that you want to use. In the case of MSITE-91 it was
resolved in maven-site-plugin 2.0-beta-6.

> Here's my configuration:
>          <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-site-plugin</artifactId>
>             <configuration>
>                <siteDirectory>${basedir}/sitenew</siteDirectory>
>              </configuration>
>          </plugin>
>
> and when I run File Monitor to see which files/directories maven is
> trying to access I get:
>
> 9:12:50 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew	SUCCESS	Attributes: D
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\src\site\site.xml	PATH NOT
> FOUND	Attributes: Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew	SUCCESS	Attributes: D
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\xdoc	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
> Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\apt	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
> Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\docbook	NOT
> FOUND	Attributes: Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\fml	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
> Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	OPEN	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\checkstyle.html	NOT
> FOUND	Options: Open  Access: 00100080
>

> any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Dmitry

Dennis Lundberg

Re: changing location of site.xml

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.
D'oh! I should have realized the version issue.  Thanks, putting the
version in did the trick.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You should specify a version of the site plugin to make sure you're
>  using the version you think you are.

> But I agree with Jason and think  this is generally a bad idea.

Generally, I agree as well, but specifically in our environment, it
makes more sense not to have site under src :)

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You should specify a version of the site plugin to make sure you're
using the version you think you are. But I agree with Jason and think
this is generally a bad idea.

Wayne

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Why would you want to?

On 14-Apr-08, at 9:14 AM, Dmitry Beransky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what the deal is with this bug:
> <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-91>?  It's marked as resolved,
> but in version 2.0.7 I still cannot change the location of site.xml
> from the default of "src/site".
>
> Here's my configuration:
>         <plugin>
>            <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>            <artifactId>maven-site-plugin</artifactId>
>            <configuration>
>               <siteDirectory>${basedir}/sitenew</siteDirectory>
>             </configuration>
>         </plugin>
>
> and when I run File Monitor to see which files/directories maven is
> trying to access I get:
>
> 9:12:50 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew	SUCCESS	Attributes: D
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\src\site\site.xml	PATH NOT
> FOUND	Attributes: Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew	SUCCESS	Attributes: D
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\xdoc	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
> Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\apt	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
> Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\docbook	NOT
> FOUND	Attributes: Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	QUERY
> INFORMATION	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew\fml	NOT FOUND	Attributes:
> Error
> 9:12:52 AM	java.exe:2100	OPEN	E:\svn\team\iris2\core\sitenew
> \checkstyle.html	NOT
> FOUND	Options: Open  Access: 00100080
>

> any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Dmitry

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Selfish deeds are the shortest path to self destruction.

-- The Seven Samuari, Akira Kirosawa