Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MillieretXavier <xa...@eaton.com> on 2014/01/08 15:16:39 UTC

CMS libs under Linux is very high

Hi all,

I am using the cms activemq library, in my porjet, and I have the following
problem:
under windows my own library has 3 Mo size
And on the linux os, the size growing up at 14 Mo, so why ? and how have the
minus library size ?

using the strip command to remove all debug symbols from the library, do
nothing !

Any help will be appreciated, thanks a lot

Re: CMS libs under Linux is very high

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 01/09/2014 04:56 AM, MillieretXavier wrote:
> yes, sure, but why under windows, the library in only of 3 Mo ?

Not really sure what you are looking at as the windows libraries have
always been much larger than those built on Linux.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: CMS libs under Linux is very high

Posted by MillieretXavier <xa...@eaton.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 01/08/2014 09:16 AM, MillieretXavier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using the cms activemq library, in my porjet, and I have the following
> problem:
> under windows my own library has 3 Mo size
> And on the linux os, the size growing up at 14 Mo, so why ? and how have the
> minus library size ?
>
> using the strip command to remove all debug symbols from the library, do
> nothing !
>
> Any help will be appreciated, thanks a lot

The library is big because there is a lot of code to enable it to do all
the things it's handling for you.  If you don't want your app to be
large then just link to the shared library instead of the static lib.