Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeevan Bihari <je...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/05 01:08:37 UTC

Spindle and WSAD 5.0

  Has anyone tried creating their Tapestry application using Spindle in WSAD 5.0 and then tried
executing it using the WSAD test server ? If yes, please let me know the steps on going about
doing that. I've created a simple Tapestry application in WSAD 5.0 using Spindle's Tapestry
Application wizard, however, when I try running it, the "Run on Server" option seems to be grayed
out.

Thanks,
Jeevan Bihari

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: Spindle and WSAD 5.0

Posted by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com>.
I have lost track of the possible places your .html files (known as
templates) can be placed for which versions of Tapestry.  However, I think
it is safe to say that if you put your Home.html in the same (src) directory
as your Home.page, things should work (this is what we do).  You will have
to create a servlet as the entry point into your application, and it is
through this servlet configuration (as detailed by Ariel Pablo Klein) that
you can access your deployed application.  I have not used spindle for  this
purpose, and in fact was not aware that spindle did this.  Make sure you
have yout tapesty jar files in "Web Content/WEB-INF/lib".

Hope this helps,

Richard

Posted by Jeevan Bihari <je...@yahoo.com>.
Richard,