Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rob Hills <ro...@netpaver.com.au> on 2004/10/07 09:00:00 UTC

Subversion server update via yum on Fedora 2

Hi All,

I'm trying to update our Subversion server on our Fedora 2 repository server using the
automated update utility (yum).  When I run "yum update subversion" I get an error
message saying that subversion is dependent on subversion-server-1.0.6 and can't
be updated.

I note that the latest subversion rpm I can find is 1.0.8 whereas I've not been able to
locate a subversion-server rpm later than 1.0.6.

Does anyone know if there are fedora-2 rpms around for subversion-server that are
more recent than 1.0.6?

TIA,

Rob Hills

Re: Subversion server update via yum on Fedora 2

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Rob Hills wrote:

>OK, I suspected that the "subversion-server" package may have disappeared.  I was
>also contemplating installing the latest 1.1 release candidate but wasn't sure how to
>use the tarballs on the subversion site.  Is there any idiot's guide to upgrading using
>the tarballs?

You can get FC2 rpms for Subversion 1.1 at
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/subversion/ . We are using them in our
production environment and they work fine.

Re: Subversion server update via yum on Fedora 2

Posted by Rob Hills <ro...@netpaver.com.au>.
Hi Patrick,

On 7 Oct 2004 at 10:04, Patrick Smears wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Rob Hills wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to update our Subversion server on our Fedora 2 repository
> > server using the automated update utility (yum).  When I run "yum update
> > subversion" I get an error message saying that subversion is dependent
> > on subversion-server-1.0.6 and can't be updated.
> >
> > I note that the latest subversion rpm I can find is 1.0.8 whereas I've
> > not been able to locate a subversion-server rpm later than 1.0.6.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there are fedora-2 rpms around for subversion-server
> > that are more recent than 1.0.6?
>
> I've got subversion 1.0.8 installed from FC2. It seems to come in two
> packages, 'subversion' and 'mod_dav_svn' (there is no subversion-server
> package).
>
> It might be worth trying uninstalling your current packages, then
> installing the new ones (the fact that 'subversion-server' has gone away
> may be confusing yum).

OK, I suspected that the "subversion-server" package may have disappeared.  I was
also contemplating installing the latest 1.1 release candidate but wasn't sure how to
use the tarballs on the subversion site.  Is there any idiot's guide to upgrading using
the tarballs?

Cheers,

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Thursday, October 07, 2004 10:04 AM +0100 Patrick Smears
<pa...@ensoft.co.uk> wrote:

> It might be worth trying uninstalling your current packages, then
> installing the new ones (the fact that 'subversion-server' has gone away
> may be confusing yum).

Watch out. The package supplies /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf, which
you edit to inform Apache where your repository is located. If you
uninstall the package, this file will likely be renamed to
subversion.conf.rpmsave. You'll need to restore it after installing the new
package.

Re: Subversion server update via yum on Fedora 2

Posted by Patrick Smears <pa...@ensoft.co.uk>.
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Rob Hills wrote:

> I'm trying to update our Subversion server on our Fedora 2 repository
> server using the automated update utility (yum).  When I run "yum update
> subversion" I get an error message saying that subversion is dependent
> on subversion-server-1.0.6 and can't be updated.
>
> I note that the latest subversion rpm I can find is 1.0.8 whereas I've
> not been able to locate a subversion-server rpm later than 1.0.6.
>
> Does anyone know if there are fedora-2 rpms around for subversion-server
> that are more recent than 1.0.6?

I've got subversion 1.0.8 installed from FC2. It seems to come in two
packages, 'subversion' and 'mod_dav_svn' (there is no subversion-server
package).

It might be worth trying uninstalling your current packages, then
installing the new ones (the fact that 'subversion-server' has gone away
may be confusing yum).

Patrick
--
The easy way to type accents in Windows: http://www.frkeys.com/