Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roger Simmons <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/10 13:26:30 UTC

running tomcat invisibly

Is it possible to run tomcat invisibly (that is without any console
being displayed) if you check "Allow Service to Interact with the
Desktop" in Windows services?  (I'm using tomcat 5.5)
Thanks
Roger

Re: running tomcat invisibly

Posted by Roger Simmons <ro...@gmail.com>.
The reason I have it checked is because the servlet I'm running
launches applications, and when it's not checked these applications
are also invisble (that is they show up as processes, but the user
can't interact with them).  But the user needs to be able to interact
with them.  That is the problem.

The applications are launched using the Runtime.exec. Is there is a
different way of starting processes from tomcat that would make them
visible while keeping the "Allow Service to Interact with the Desktop"
option unchecked?

Thanks,

Roger

Posted by David Kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Roger Simmons [mailto:roger.simmons@gmail.com]
> Subject: running tomcat invisibly
>
> Is it possible to run tomcat invisibly (that is without any console
> being displayed) if you check "Allow Service to Interact with the
> Desktop" in Windows services?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your question, but isn't the whole point of
checking the desktop interaction box to create a console window?  Why
can't you just clear the check box?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.