Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/19 14:03:11 UTC

Re: YOHO, anybody out there? RE: A lock could not be obtained within the time requested

Can you try to delete build results first, maybe only some of them if you
have lot.

Emmanuel

Re: Problem with multi module maven project

Posted by Dima K <dm...@gmail.com>.
One idea- not really good  solution but temporally hack - try to use
symbolic link on server for access to right directories

With best regards,

Dmitro Kopylov

Posted by Engebakken Geir <ge...@edb.com>.
OK, thanks a lot I will try this!

My remark regarding lack of docs was just a hint that it could be better :)

Geir

> I vaguely remember a utility to automate deleting old build results,
> you might find it in the list archives.

Here it is (but I've only used it against 1.3.x, I don't know if it'll
work with 1.2.x):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/trunk/continuum-xmlrpc/continuum-xmlrpc-client/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/xmlrpc/client/BuildResultsPurge.java

--
Wendy

Re: YOHO, anybody out there? RE: A lock could not be obtained within the time requested

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Engebakken Geir
<ge...@edb.com> wrote:
> There are some 500 build results in the list, I guess this is what halts the delete so there is a timeout, but I have to mark each one of them for deletion?
>
> I deleted 32 of them, and it took 5 minutes!
>
> There must be a way to set this up so that they are deleted manually each night, now where is the manual, oops doesn't exist ...

I think you said 1.2.2, so the docs are here...
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/

In 1.3.x there is a build output purge feature but it only deletes the
output directories, not the database records.  The idea was that you
need to keep them around for statistics.  I think there's a JIRA issue
open to change this, you can watch/vote for it.

I vaguely remember a utility to automate deleting old build results,
you might find it in the list archives.

Maybe you can use Selenium to automate deleting them through the web interface?

--
Wendy

RE: YOHO, anybody out there? RE: A lock could not be obtained within the time requested

Posted by Engebakken Geir <ge...@edb.com>.

Posted by Engebakken Geir <ge...@edb.com>.