Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steven J Hathaway <st...@state.or.us> on 2011/06/15 23:27:10 UTC

Request ASF assistance to reform XALAN PMC

To The Incubator:

Bertrand Delacretaz has indicated that XALAN_C is a candidate for
moving to the attic.

I would like to see XALAN moved to the Incubator instead of
the attic.  I will help reinstate the XALAN PMC but need some
ASF assistance.

I am not currently an ASF member, but I am willing to become a member
and a contributor for the purpose of advancing the XALAN projects.
I am willing to mentor the XALAN-C project and prepare project releases.
I am willing to help reform the XALAN PMC and report to the ASF and
appropriate PMCs on XALAN project status.

You already have my ASF committer's license agreement on file, but there
are insufficient active members in the XALAN PMC to nominate or approve of
new membership.

I have extensive background in technical writing and publishing.
I also have significant expertise in systems programming and
network communications programming (over 40 years).
If you need my resume information, just ask!

The following persons have submitted information to the xalan-dev@apache.org mail list in the last few months.
There may be enough persons available to reform the XALAN PMC if membership and committer credentials can be authorized.
I hope the ASF board can help with this.

I monitor the mail lists:
  <xa...@xml.apache.org> and <xa...@xml.apache.org>.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
  <sh...@e-z.net>
  <St...@state.or.us>

Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>
   Incubator PMC

David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>
   XALAN PMC Chair

Steven J Hathaway <St...@state.or.us>
Steven J Hathaway <sh...@e-z.net>
   Oregon State Police - Systems Analyst
   Former: Tektronix, Inc - Technical Writer
   Consultant - to Unisys Corp.

Michael Glavassevich <mr...@apache.org>
Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>
   XML Parser Development
   IBM Toronto Lab

Harsh Gupta <ha...@adobe.com>
   XALAN User

Victor Wang <wa...@gmail.com>
   Google Summer of Code project - XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 for Xalan
   http://www.google.melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2011/aguai/9003

Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>
   Mentor for GSoC project - XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 for Xalan

Jesper Steen Maller <je...@selskabet.org>
   PsychoPath code tree information

Mark Thomas <markt>
   jira-users
   Resolving XALAN-C issues
   Apache Tomcat project

Re: Request ASF assistance to reform XALAN PMC

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Steven J Hathaway
<st...@state.or.us> wrote:
> ...Bertrand Delacretaz has indicated that XALAN_C is a candidate for
> moving to the attic.
>
> I would like to see XALAN moved to the Incubator instead of
> the attic.  I will help reinstate the XALAN PMC but need some
> ASF assistance....

We are actively looking for a solution, and might be able to reboot
Xalan without having to go through the incubator, see
http://s.apache.org/reboot_xalan - I'm hoping to have more news early
next week.

-Bertrand