Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/23 16:03:45 UTC

maven-war-plugin overlay versus just plain using the dependency plugin

I confess that I've got myself somewhat turned around about the war
plugin and overlays versus unpacked wars.

I have some tests that run against the the 'unpacked' war, so I need
the things that would come through overlay to be there. The overlay
things are NOT wars at all, they are just miscellaneous data files. So
one might think that it would make more sense to use the dependency
plugin -- but I'm not sure where to put it in the life cycle so that
the war plugin will correctly sweep up its output.