Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com> on 2006/03/14 23:52:45 UTC

[m2] tracing dependencies

Is there an easy way to tell why a particular jar file got included in the
classpath on a compile or when running tests?

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: [m2] tracing dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I believe UMLGraph can generate what you're looking for (.dot files
that show links between dependencies)... I know some people are using
it in M1/M2.

This thread discusses UMLGraph in more detail, if you go down to
Wendy's email and the responses to it:
http://www.nabble.com/-m2-Javadoc-plugin-Javadoc-report-with-Maven2-t1242695.html

PS- I haven't ever used this myself! So report back if you get it
working right etc. ;-)

Wayne

Re: [m2] tracing dependencies

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.