Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Andrew Frayling <Fr...@cardiff.ac.uk> on 2008/10/31 17:17:31 UTC

Changing Blog Handle

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a blog handle once a blog has
been created on Roller 4.0.1 (other than deleting it and creating a new
one).

Our business owners want to tidy up existing handles to make them more
consistent.

Also, are there any issues in Roller 4.0.1 with having mixed case handles -
looks like there used to be a problem in 2.2
(https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1066)

Thanks,

Andrew.
Andrew Frayling
Web Services Development Manager
Cardiff University Information Services
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BB

t: +44(0)29 20875262
e: fraylingaj1@cardiff.ac.uk

Re: Changing Blog Handle

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Pulford, WC (Bill)
<bi...@diamond.ac.uk> wrote:

> It seems better to avoid mixed case handles as search does not work. Always use lowercase. I used sqldeveloper to edit the relevant table in Oracle. Go to roller-data and rename the data upload table to reflect the new handles. Delete the search-index and restart tomcat.

Does it make sense to enforce this at blog creation time then ( a
constraint on the DB column and/or some form validation at blog
creation time)?

Is it worth raising a ticket for that?

RE: Changing Blog Handle

Posted by Andrew Frayling <Fr...@cardiff.ac.uk>.
Cheers Bill.  Thanks for the advice on sticking to lower-case - business
owner wanted to change from all lower-case to mixed-case?!?

Thanks again,

Andrew.
Andrew Frayling
Web Services Development Manager
Cardiff University Information Services
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BB

t: +44(0)29 20875262
e: fraylingaj1@cardiff.ac.uk

Hello Andrew,  It seems better to avoid mixed case handles as search does
not work. Always use lowercase. I used sqldeveloper to edit the relevant
table in Oracle. Go to roller-data and rename the data upload table to
reflect the new handles. Delete the search-index and restart tomcat.  Bill
Pulford   -----Original Message----- From: Andrew Frayling
[mailto:FraylingAJ1@cardiff.ac.uk] Sent: Fri 10/31/2008 4:17 PM To:
user@roller.apache.org Subject: Changing Blog Handle    Hi,  Does anyone
know if it's possible to change a blog handle once a blog has been created
on Roller 4.0.1 (other than deleting it and creating a new one).  Our
business owners want to tidy up existing handles to make them more
consistent.  Also, are there any issues in Roller 4.0.1 with having mixed
case handles - looks like there used to be a problem in 2.2
(https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1066)  Thanks,  Andrew.
----------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Frayling
Web Services Development Manager Cardiff University Information Services
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BB  t: +44(0)29 20875262 e:
fraylingaj1@cardiff.ac.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------   <DIV><FONT
size="1" color="gray">This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential, copyright and or privileged material, and are for the use of
the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee or an
authorised recipient of the addressee please notify us of receipt by
returning the e-mail and do not use, copy, retain, distribute or disclose
the information in or attached to the e-mail. Any opinions expressed within
this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily of Diamond
Light Source Ltd.  Diamond Light Source Ltd. cannot guarantee that this
e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses and we cannot accept
liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of software
viruses which may be transmitted in or with the message. Diamond Light
Source Limited (company no. 4375679). Registered in England and Wales with
its registered office at Diamond House, Harwell Science and Innovation
Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0DE, United Kingdom </FONT></DIV>   --
Scanned by iCritical.

RE: Changing Blog Handle

Posted by "Pulford, WC (Bill)" <bi...@diamond.ac.uk>.
Hello Andrew,

It seems better to avoid mixed case handles as search does not work. Always use lowercase. I used sqldeveloper to edit the relevant table in Oracle. Go to roller-data and rename the data upload table to reflect the new handles. Delete the search-index and restart tomcat.

Bill Pulford

[...]

</FONT></DIV>

--
Scanned by iCritical.