Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/23 23:30:39 UTC

[unstandard] Ingesting the Log taglib

I'm +1 to pulling the whole log taglib into Unstandard. My only
question is what we should put it on top of. Should we:

a) Go with the last release and use log4j.
b) Use the current trunk's approach and use commons-logging.
c) Give up the ghost and use the JDK logging.

I'm tempted by c), it's just easier.

Hen

Re: [unstandard] Ingesting the Log taglib

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 7/23/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm +1 to pulling the whole log taglib into Unstandard.
<snip/>

+1

> My only
> question is what we should put it on top of. Should we:
>
> a) Go with the last release and use log4j.
> b) Use the current trunk's approach and use commons-logging.
> c) Give up the ghost and use the JDK logging.
>
> I'm tempted by c), it's just easier.

<snap/>

I'd say (b), stick with trunk, its relevant ATM (though maybe not for too long).

-Rahul