Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 22:48:10 UTC

Writing to the HBase table in MR job

Hi,

how does one use the (admittedly deprecated)

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TableReduce

to write to a table?

Thank you,
Mark

Re: Writing to the HBase table in MR job

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com>.
To answer my question, this is what needs to be done

            BatchUpdate update = new BatchUpdate(k2.toString());
            update.put(familyCell, String.valueOf(sum).getBytes());
            oc.collect(new ImmutableBytesWritable(familyCell.getBytes()),
update);

Cheers,
Mark