Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/03 09:34:04 UTC

Re: Return 2 fields per facet.. name and id, for example? / facet value search

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Rihaed Tan <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a similar requirement to Matthew (from his post 2 years ago). Is
> this
> still the way to go in storing both the ID and name/value for facet values?
> I'm planning to use id#name format if this is still the case and doing a
> prefix query. I believe this is a common requirement so I'd appreciate if
> any of you guys can share what's the best way to do it.
>
> Also, I'm indexing the facet values for text search as well. Should the
> field declaration below suffice the requirement?
>
> <field name="category" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="true" multiValued="true"/>

There have been talks of having a pair field type in Solr but there is no
patch yet. So I guess the way proposed by Yonik is a good solution.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Return 2 fields per facet.. name and id, for example? / facet value search

Posted by "R. Tan" <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I guess it will have to be the workaround then.