Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nacho Jiménez <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/01 16:43:09 UTC

[Cocoon 2.2, Hibernate 3] Conflict in ehcache

Dear all,

I'm trying to migrate my Cocoon 2.1/Spring/Hibernate apps to Cocoon
2.2, and after a bit of banging my head against he wall, i finally
understood what's maven and how to create cocoon projects, etc.

I've created a cocoon 2.2 block with basic spring-hibernate
functionality, but when i try to "run" it into a jetty servlet
contanier (mvn jetty:run), all i get is a conflict between
ehcache-1.2.4, demanded by cocoon, and ehcache1.1, included by
hibernate:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: There are
at least two artifacts with the ID 'ehcache':

ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
    com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-RC1
    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1
    net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4
ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
    com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
    org.springframework:spring-hibernate3:jar:2.0-m4
    org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.1.2
    ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1

What can I do to compile it?  I'm getting desperate here, so any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

Nacho

Re: [Cocoon 2.2, Hibernate 3] Conflict in ehcache

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Nacho Jiménez wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to migrate my Cocoon 2.1/Spring/Hibernate apps to Cocoon
> 2.2, and after a bit of banging my head against he wall, i finally
> understood what's maven and how to create cocoon projects, etc.
>
> I've created a cocoon 2.2 block with basic spring-hibernate
> functionality, but when i try to "run" it into a jetty servlet
> contanier (mvn jetty:run), all i get is a conflict between
> ehcache-1.2.4, demanded by cocoon, and ehcache1.1, included by
> hibernate:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: There are
> at least two artifacts with the ID 'ehcache':
>
> ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
>     com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>     org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-RC1
>     org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1
>     net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4
> ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
>     com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>     org.springframework:spring-hibernate3:jar:2.0-m4
>     org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.1.2
>     ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1
>
> What can I do to compile it?  I'm getting desperate here, so any help
> will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to exclude the ehcache dependency from hibernate:3.1.2 in your
pom.xml and run hibernate with ehcache:1.2.4?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [Cocoon 2.2, Hibernate 3] Conflict in ehcache

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Nacho Jiménez wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to migrate my Cocoon 2.1/Spring/Hibernate apps to Cocoon
> 2.2, and after a bit of banging my head against he wall, i finally
> understood what's maven and how to create cocoon projects, etc.
>
> I've created a cocoon 2.2 block with basic spring-hibernate
> functionality, but when i try to "run" it into a jetty servlet
> contanier (mvn jetty:run), all i get is a conflict between
> ehcache-1.2.4, demanded by cocoon, and ehcache1.1, included by
> hibernate:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: There are
> at least two artifacts with the ID 'ehcache':
>
> ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
>     com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>     org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-RC1
>     org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1
>     net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4
> ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1:compile
>     com.unmardedatos:eMarketing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>     org.springframework:spring-hibernate3:jar:2.0-m4
>     org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.1.2
>     ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.1
>
> What can I do to compile it?  I'm getting desperate here, so any help
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks..

use hibernate 3.2.5

the problem is that older versions of hibernate used ehcache artifact
located at ehcache:ehcache. Currently the location of ehcache is
net.sf.ehcache:ehcache (which cocoon uses).

Summing up:

hibernate 3.2.5 uses net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.3
cocoon 2.2 uses net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4

and this situation is no more a problem for maven dependency resolution.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.