Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Didier Godefroy <dg...@ulysium.net> on 2000/12/03 03:54:08 UTC

starting tomcat

Hi all,

I'm having trouble starting tomcat, I installed the binary and use the
source only to build mod_jk.
Here's what I get when using startup.sh:

Using classpath:
/usr/local/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/local/to
mcat/lib/jaxp.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib
/parser.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/test:/us
r/local/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar

# Usage: java org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat {options}
  Options are:
    -config file (or -f file)  Use this file instead of server.xml
    -help (or help)            Show this usage report
    -home dir (or -h dir)      Use this directory as tomcat.home
    -stop                      Shut down currently running Tomcat

This "Usage" message isn't coming from startup.sh (tomcat.sh that is), so
where is it coming from and how is this fixed?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net