Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/13 18:48:53 UTC

saxon in production?

Hi,
I'm wodering if there are any concerns about using saxon8 in
production?  Does saxon go through the same qa process in cocoon that
xalan does?  Can anyone comment on the validity of using saxon in
production?  What risks might it entail?
Thanks,
Ben

Re: saxon in production?

Posted by Askild Aaberg Olsen <as...@xangeli.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 14 mai 05, à 00:11, Gregor J. Rothfuss a écrit :
>
>> ...we use it in production and found it to be lots faster than xalan
>> (no surprise there). saxon8 is much stricter about XSL syntax than
>> xalan, so you may have to do some small modifications to your
>> stylesheets to comply, but saxon has very good error reporting, so
>> that is easy...
>

> Same here, also using saxon8 in production, very happy with it.
> There's some info at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Saxon
> -Bertrand

Same her, performant and stable.

In addition, you can use the features of XSLT2.0 (not a complete
recommendation yet, so the syntax might change slightly). Especialy the
xsl:for-each-group instruction is useful.

Askild
-

Re: saxon in production?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.