Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Mcduffey, Joe" <jd...@nsa.gov> on 2007/08/08 18:40:59 UTC

RE: Problem with JXPath 1.3 - Registering Namespaces

Matt,
 With JXPath 1.2 I cannot create xpaths with xml namespace prefixes.

JXPathContext.registerNamespace("A","http://A");

JXPathContext.createPathAndSetValue("A:ElementB[1],"value");

       <A:ElementB>MY VALUE</A:ElementB>

I get an exception
"Exception trying to create xpath"

There are no problems when there is a namespace prefix associated with an attribute. What is the deal with Elements? Thanks.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Mcduffey, Joe" <jd...@nsa.gov> wrote:

> Matt,
>  With JXPath 1.2 I cannot create xpaths with xml
> namespace prefixes.
>
> JXPathContext.registerNamespace("A","http://A");

JXPathContext.createPathAndSetValue("A:ElementB[1],"value");

>        <A:ElementB>MY VALUE</A:ElementB>
>
> I get an exception
> "Exception trying to create xpath"
>
> There are no problems when there is a namespace
> prefix associated with an attribute. What is the
> deal with Elements? Thanks.

Hi, Joe.  It's more a case of "what is the deal with
attributes?"  It just so happens that a DOM or JDOM
element node knows how to set its attributes.  Not so
for elements.  In this case you must implement and set
an AbstractFactory on your JXPathContext.

HTH,
Matt