Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Mohit <mo...@huawei.com> on 2010/12/15 06:41:10 UTC

Difference between logs present under /hbase/.logs and /hbase/testTable/6674094/.logs directory

Hello HBase Users,

I explored the root directory of hbase on dfs which is /hbase, under it I
found two logs folders /hbase/.logs and a log directory under each table, in
this case testTable.

/hbase/testTable/6674094/.logs.

As per HBase storage structure, data is written to write-ahead-log, OR Hlog
and then to memstore for each hstores(directly proportional to column
families) and after that to dfs, such that each Hregion has it's own
instance of Hlog, so what is this log directory /hbase/.logs which during
startup of Hmaster is checked for the presence of log files for uninformed
splits.

So I'm bit confused, what is the purpose of each, and how they fit in.

-Mohit

***********
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

RE: Difference between logs present under /hbase/.logs and /hbase/testTable/6674094/.logs directory

Posted by Mohit <mo...@huawei.com>.
Hi Lars,

Thanks for the inputs.

Yes I can see in the master log file while creating HRegionInfo object.

New Hlog /hbase/testTable/6674094/.logs/hlog.dat.123456789

followed by log statement ,

creating region testTable,,458236390,encoded=6674094

-Mohit

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohit,