Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Blackmore, John" <JB...@etstechnologies.com> on 2002/09/06 01:11:09 UTC

configuring 4.0.4 with Apache 2.0.40 (mod_jk)

I'm struggling like mad trying to get this to work, and I've had nothing but
problems. I'm in Solaris 8, Apache 2.0.40, and Tomcat 4.0.4. First, is this
hopeless? Do I need to up/downgrade something? I'd be grateful for a success
story at this point, someone that has this environment.

After compiling mod_jk.so (took about 2 days), I added the lines from the
mod_jk howto to httpd.conf:

LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    info

except there is no libexec, so I used lib. I copied the mod_jk.so by hand
since 'ant install' didn't work. I also changed the dirs to what my dirs
really are for JkWorkersFile and JkLogFile. I get the following error when
starting Apache:

Syntax error on line 232 of /Tools/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'AddModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

I have no idea what this means - can anyone help?

Thanks,
John

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.

Re: configuring 4.0.4 with Apache 2.0.40 (mod_jk)

Posted by "Peter T. Abplanalp" <pt...@psaconsultants.com>.