Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Marchant, Hayden " <ha...@citi.com.INVALID> on 2017/11/29 08:24:37 UTC

[Structured Streaming] Continuous Processing Mode plan?

I was really excited by the demo in Summer 2017 on Continuous Processing Mode for Structured Streaming, and have been regularly checking the JIRA item (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-20928) for activity.

We have a project with very low latency requirements that can only be fulfilled with this type of abilities. We'd very much like to be able to use Spark, and not use other streaming frameworks which already offer very low latency.

Can someone clarify whether this will be included in an upcoming release, and at what scope will all scenarios be covered?

Regards,
Hayden