Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Jef Grezes <jf...@progexia.net> on 2007/10/31 16:43:48 UTC

Invoking system method within a webservice

Hi there,

I developed a web service which invokes a system("<command>") during its
execution.
Trying my webservice with axis_http_server works fine ...
When I try my webservice with apache and axis2_mod, the system call fails.

Can you help me with this ?

Regards,
Jef

Re: Invoking system method within a webservice

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> jf.grezes@progexia.net writes:
>

>> I'd like to do that... but can you explain me how I can debug a web
>> service running on apache ?
>>
> axis2c is deployed in apache2 as a module, therefore you can debug
> httpd executable.

To debug httpd, you have to run it in the debug mode
e.g.
# gdb httpd
gdb > run -X

Samisa...
> thanks,
> Dinesh

Samisa Abeysinghe
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
email: samisa@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 753 7913

"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."

Re: Invoking system method within a webservice

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jf...@progexia.net.
I'd like to do that... but can you explain me how I can debug a web
service running on apache ?

Thanks,

Jef

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Jef,

Posted by Jef Grezes <jf...@progexia.net>.
Suavi Ali Demir wrote:
> [...]

>     >
>     > Regards,
>     >
>     > Royston
>     >
>     Thanks for your quick answer.
>     In fact, I'm sure my webservice is called since I left some traces
>     (that
>     are logged in a file).
>     The only problem is that the call to system("whatever") does not work
>     (ie not resulting in a core dump
>     or whatever .. it just don't return 0).
>
>     So to answer accurately to your question : yes, everything in
>     apache is
>     well configured (the axis2c samples works fine also).
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Jef
>     begin:vcard
>     fn;quoted-printable:Jean-Fran=C3=A7ois Grezes
>     n;quoted-printable:Grezes;Jean-Fran=C3=A7ois

*Progexia*
23, rue de la république
13002 Marseille - FRANCE

Téléphone : 04 91 91 73 21
web : http://www.progexia.net

/

Posted by Suavi Ali Demir <de...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jef Grezes <jf...@progexia.net>.

Posted by Royston Day <rd...@mpc-data.co.uk>.
Hi Jef,

> Hi there,

> I developed a web service which invokes a system("<command>") during its
> execution.
> Trying my webservice with axis_http_server works fine ...
> When I try my webservice with apache and axis2_mod, the system call fails.

> Can you help me with this ?

Have you set-up the httpd.conf file appropriately?

Are you using the correct path && port when sending a request from the
service client (when using apache)?

Regards,

Royston

- - -

Royston Day, Software Engineer
MPC Data Limited
e-mail: rday@mpc-data.co.uk   web: www.mpc-data.co.uk
tel:  +44 (0) 1225 710600     fax: +44 (0) 1225 710601
ddi: +44 (0) 1225 710634

MPC Data Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 05507446

Registered Address: County Gate, County Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire,
BA14 7FJ VAT no: 850625238

The information in this email and in the attached documents is
confidential and may be legally privileged. Any unauthorized review,
copying, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original message. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice
contained in this email is subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in the governing contract.