Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alice Moyon <al...@kosmos.fr> on 2007/04/12 16:47:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Randomly null value in "accept-language" header

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english.

I'm working on portlet integration into K-Portal, a portal solution,
which is based on Pluto for portlet implementation.
Two portlets are loaded in my page, and an exception occurres randomly
to one of the two portlets (sometimes one portlet, sometimes the other)
:

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequest.parseLocales(CoyoteRequest.java:
2457)
         at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequest.getLocale(CoyoteRequest.java:
1032)
         at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequestFacade.getLocale(CoyoteRequestFac
ade.java:363)
         at
javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.getLocale(ServletRequestWrapper.java
:306)
         at
com.univ.portail.KportalPortletFragment.service(KportalPortletFragment.j
ava:264)
         at
com.univ.services.ServiceThread.determinerContenuPortlet(ServiceThread.j
ava:272)
         at
com.univ.services.ServiceThread.lancerExecutionService(ServiceThread.jav
a:119)
         at com.univ.services.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:87)
         at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The problem is that request.getHeader("accept-language") is null, as
you can see when i add logs into portal container :

11:04:09,910 [Thread-45]  DEBUG - header accept-language:null ( root )
11:04:09,910 [Thread-51]  DEBUG - header
accept-language:fr-fr,en-us;q=0.7,en;q=0.3 ( root )
11:04:09,910 [Thread-45]  ERROR -  ( root )
[...]
11:04:09,910 [Thread-51]  DEBUG - appel portlet
PERTE_IDENTIFIANTS_occ_43584544_1 ( root )

Two threads for two portlets. One is working, the other get a null
value. And the most times, the two portlets work.

The environment is :
Tomcat 5.0.28
Apache 2.2.4
Unix (debian 4 or sourcemage, problem is the same)

So, here is the important part. When I install environment with Apache
2.0.59, i do not get this problem...

My question is : Is Apache in cause, or is the container for portlets
in cause ? And if it is the container, what does it do wrong ? It
simply get a header from browser request...

Thanks in advance for your answer

Alice Moyon