Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/04/14 11:21:08 UTC

Validating telecom numbers

Hi devs,

I was wondering for some sort of data mechanism that could validate if a
phone belongs to a particular country/geo.
Digging deeper, found that we have already some entities which can handle
these scenarios like *CountryTeleCode.*

There should be some sort of mechanism to validate the country telephone
number formats
In real time scenarios, there are many mechanisms by which you can get
telephone number info such as a CSV or any XML data file etc.

We already have *CountryAddressFormat* to check address format which has
*postalCodeRegex* field.

*Proposal*:
There can be an entity which can have a similar mechanism (regex pattern,
telephone number length etc.) for validating telephone numbers as well.

If it looks good, I will create a Jira ticket and start working on it.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Khurana

Re: Validating telecom numbers

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Deepak.

And fortunately that has a good license too.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and discussion.

I have created a Jira ticket here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9358>.

--
Best Regards,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sounds great, apart that in demo I was surprised to have to pass FR instead of 33 for France "CLDR two-letter region code" seems a new (and better) std

https://www.google.fr/search?q=CLDR+two-letter+region+code)&ie=UTF-8

Jacques

Le 15/04/2017 � 09:39, Deepak Dixit a �crit :

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1 for the idea.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.