Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Howe <li...@wingspread.imap-mail.com> on 2006/03/28 22:01:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat Connector Configuration Question

I'm trying to configure a virtual host in Apache 2.0.50 (Win 32) to talk
to a Tomcat 5.5 via mod_jk/1.2.15.  I basically want to pass on all URL's
to the Tomcat instance.  In an attempt to do this, I've defined the
following entry in my Apache httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName content.rmgapps.com
     ErrorLog logs/content.rmgapps.log
	DocumentRoot ...
	JkMount / ajp13worker
	JkMount /* ajp13worker

     <Location />
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
         Satisfy Any
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

My worker file looks like this:

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list = adj13worker

# Set properties for adj13worker (ajp13)
worker.adj13worker.type=ajp13
worker.adj13worker.host=localhost
worker.adj13worker.port=8011
worker.adj13worker.lbfactor=50
worker.adj13worker.cachesize=10
worker.adj13worker.cache_timeout=600
worker.adj13worker.socket_keepalive=1
worker.adj13worker.recycle_timeout=300

If I have Apache and Tomcat running, it seems that most URL's are in fact
being processed by my Tomcat instance.  However, if I have a URL like this:

http://content.rmgapps.com/foo/bar/some\value/boo

the request isn't passed on to Tomcat, but is processed by Apache
instead.  For example, if I were to do this:

http://localhost:8580/foo/bar/some\value/boo  (where 8580 is the port on
which Tomcat is running and the browser escapes the \ to %5C)

I get a proper result.  If I go through Apache, I get an Apache error
message telling me the URL isn't found on this server.  I realize the URL
is kind of funky because of the backslash, but I'm wondering why Apache
won't pass this URL along to Tomcat and, more importantly, is there a way
to configure Apache so that it *will* pass URLs like this along to Tomcat.

Thanks!

--
James Howe

Contact: http://public.xdi.org/=James.Howe