Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by re...@GSK.com on 2006/05/01 20:54:14 UTC

Server reboot, Tomcat ok, but app needs starting

Hi

On my RHEL server, running tomcat 5.5.12, jvm 1.5.0_06-b05

when I litterally reboot the server, tomcat restarts, which I then access
via the tomcat manager; and everything is "Running = true" except for my
application. I can click "Start" and it starts just fine.

 I know there must be something dumb I am overlooking...

TIA

-Reid

RE: Server reboot, Tomcat ok, but app needs starting

Posted by Chris Berthold <cb...@styleline.com>.
I would agree if there are exceptions being throw in the log file. If there
isn't I'm thinking that maybe deployOnStartup in the config is set to false.
Check your server.xml for that host.

Chris Berthold
IT Systems Analyst
Commercial Refrigerator Door Company
941 . 371 . 8110 x 205

> On my RHEL server, running tomcat 5.5.12, jvm 1.5.0_06-b05
>
> when I litterally reboot the server, tomcat restarts, which I then access
> via the tomcat manager; and everything is "Running = true" except for my
> application. I can click "Start" and it starts just fine.
>
>  I know there must be something dumb I am overlooking...

Most likely it's something in your webapp depends on something else
running in the system which hasn't started up which causes that
application to fail loading.

How is Tomcat started, and when is it started during the boot process?
It sounds like you need to delay startup of Tomcat.

-Dave

Re: Server reboot, Tomcat ok, but app needs starting

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.