Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by xh sun <wy...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2008/08/05 04:34:12 UTC

failed to open an indexer after about 20 queries

Hi,
The indexer can't be opened after about 20 queries in linux system, but it is fine if the index is in windows  system. The indexer is the same in both systems.
          reader = IndexReader.open(indexName);    //failed after about 20 queries
          searcher = new IndexSearcher(reader);

The reader and search have been closed after each query. Is there any special configuration for the index in linux system?
Appreicate your help very much.
BR,
Shawn

RE: failed to open an indexer after about 20 queries

Posted by John Griffin <jg...@thebluezone.net>.
Xh,

We need to see a little more code her. Are you reopening the reader for each
query? If so are you closing it each time?

We need more information.

John G.

Posted by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com>.
Hi.

And some exception stacktrace would be nice as well.

Kindly

//Marcus

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:58 AM, John Griffin <jg...@thebluezone.net>wrote:

> Xh,
>
> Sorry about those questions. I received two copies of your email. The first
> was corrupt.
>
> We still need to see more code. No there isn't any special config
> necessary.
>
> John G.

+46702561312
marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
http://www.tailsweep.com/
http://blogg.tailsweep.com/

RE: failed to open an indexer after about 20 queries