Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2012/08/09 18:40:31 UTC

Everybody here knows how to filter a mailing list to its own folder, right?

I've been realizing recently that there is a surprising number of people
who tolerate mailing lists all going to their main inbox.

Most email clients let you just right click on an email like this, and
select something like "create rule".  In the case of thunderbird you can
then select "filter on mailing list".  Then everything to this mailing list
goes to its own tidy filter, and you can pay as much or as little attention
to it as you like.

This is some pretty thorough directions for mailing list filtering:
The relevant header for this mailing list is:

Thought this was worth mentioning on a brand new list which may or may not
include people interested in the noise we're generating.

I kind of feel like this list should be kept low traffic, so people
actually pay attention to it if we have something we actually need to
communicate to all masscheck contributors.  And continue using the dev@
list for masscheck support?

(If you use a mail client that doesn't involve right clicking, you probably
know how to use procmail.)

--
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed --
and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless